two girls, every voice

get lost in the words & feel free to share your own

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

STIs

By this point in my life, I have had at least two friends succumb to the embarrassment and stress of contracting a sexually transmitted infection.

I am not a health teacher here to warn you against the dangers of STI's; I am here to support and guide you if you ever find yourself caught in this predicament.

First, know that, for a majority of infections, there is a cure. My friend with the awful experience of contracting Chlamydia was able to cure herself within one week.

Second, know that it is possible to contract an STI while wearing protection. (Just ask my friend!) This means that it is very important to communicate with your partner about your health. Just think- what if it was not Chlamydia, but HIV? As I am sure you are aware, there is no available and reliable cure.

Third, know that your true friends will help you through it, whether that means driving you somewhere you need to go or researching help. If you have good friends, you automatically have support. Use them to help you!

Fourth, always know you can use this forum as a resource! We can help you.

Now go out and have fun, but be smart!

Sign here,

No comments:

Post a Comment