two girls, every voice

get lost in the words & feel free to share your own

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Regret

Have you ever been sitting down, thinking about some event in the past, and then suddenly you shiver? Sometimes you cringe just thinking about a past mistake?

Maybe, you should have told him how you feel, you should not have kissed her, you lied, you stole, you did something that goes against who you are, or perhaps who you want to be.
Yeah, that's me right now.
I was thinking about one time a boy kissed me, and I kissed him back, in front of a boy I genuinely liked (and like, as he still has a charming hold on me). Regret.
One time I was dared to kiss that boy I like, I excitedly did, but then stopped for fear of his opinion about it. Regret.
And that one time, I should have said yes to that dance proposal back in the eighth grade. Regret upon regret.
Maybe this, maybe that. One time this, one time that.
I understand that this all happened in the past and as time travel does not exist it is impossible to fix these errors in my life. There is no rewind button, nor pause, nor stop. Life is continuously and endlessly playing, yet the past seems just as eager to present itself as the present moment.
It is possible to act differently in the future, and not let history repeat itself, but so often when you are in a crucial moment in the present, the past is absent from your life. So often, you forget what you have done and only think about what you will do now. Sadly, perhaps the next time I kiss this boy (for I hope that there will be a next time!) I will pull back. Again.

And that will just be another regret.

Sign here,

No comments:

Post a Comment